Monday, September 29, 2008

Mysore Pak

1st October is Independence day in China. So all the offices including banks have a week long off. We have decided to stay at home this time as all the places will be crowded. Even the temperature is going down and its getting colder and colder. I wanted to make some sweet as its my hubby's birthday tomo and Dasara too is round the corner. So decided on making Mysore pak. I had seen them on Shilpa's blog and even drooled ver her pic. I have followed her recipe totally. Though I did not get the texture as perfect as her's. The taste was really good, the melt in the mouth kind. I wanted the honeycomb like structure but looks like I poured it into greased plate before the actual time. I am going to make it again and keep it for longer time. This recipe is definitely a keeper. Thanks Shilpa     

I am sending these over to Pallavi who is hosting Yummy Festival Feast - Diwali and also over to Srivalli who is hosting JFI - Nov'08 Festival Treats!























Update: Made them again for Deepavali and the result was better :)

6 comments:

Sangeeth said...

luv this sweet!

ST said...

My favorite one......

Uj said...

Sangeeth,Sireesha my fav too... :)

anudivya said...

Looks awesome! I have never had success with Mysore pak before. You have certified this as a keeper, so I am going to try it the next time.

Uj said...

Anudivya, Thanks..Just follow the recipe it comes out well. Shilpa has explained it really well with pictures :) I guess I did a mistake by taking it off the flame a little too early. so I missed the texture. But taste was really good

Pallavi said...

This looks awesome.. !! Thanks for the lovely entry UJ..