Friday, March 27, 2009

Melting moments

When I first tasted Strawberry in Mangalore I had lot of expectations from the fruit. The first bite and I was disappointed. I was wondering why people pay such heavy price to this friut which was only tangy with no hint of sweetness. After that, I never bought it until I came here. It was strawberry season then but after the first experience I was not prepared to give it a try though I loved strawberry flavoured drinks and icecreams. It was that time when I was blog hopping I came to this wonderful blog. The name of the blog promised a variety of desserts. I zeroed on strawberry icecream but unfortunately the strawberries were not available then. I bookmarked this recipe and waited for a year to try this with fresh strawberries. I could never believe that I could get creamy and good results without an Icecream maker. I made a very small batch and it got over in no time. Thank you JZ for the wonderful recipe. Now not having an ice cream maker is not a reason to refrain from making icecreams at home. Please hop on to JZ's blog for more treats.
Sending this Pinky treat over to Priya who is guest hosting FIC Event for Sunshinemom and has selected her colour for the month as Pink
I have reduced my frequency of blogging since quite some time. We have just shifted to a new house and am still in the process of getting adjusted to the new house. Here are few photos of our new home. 


21 comments:

Chitra said...

I loveeeeeee icecreams,urs look perfect!!nice entry for the event:)

Sunshinemom said...

That was my first reaction too until I tasted really good ones at Mahabaleshwar! Your ice cream looks inviting esp. since we are having a hot wave these days!

Priya Suresh said...

Even with a tight schedule its so nice of u for sending this pink melts to FIC..thanks a lot UJ..

Shama Nagarajan said...

yummy recipe..

Shama Nagarajan said...

yummy recipe..

Shama Nagarajan said...

yummy recipe..

Red Chillies said...

I was blog hopping today and was thinking that I had not seen your post for a while. I was about to say "khai asaa tuvva"?

OK now I know you are moving houses.
I saw the pictures of your new house and it is amazing. It overlooks the city isn't it? I could sitin the balcony for hours and enjoy the view. Have a great time Uj. Loved your pic also.

Vani said...

Hope you are all settled in your new home, Uj! Thanks for the peek into your new house and surroundings! Both look great. And loved your pic! :)

Gita Jaishankar said...

The icecream looks so yummy. The house is looking very nice UJ, nice views from the balcony :)

Rachel said...

Most of us get that first impression...

KonkaniBlogger said...

Ice-cream is looking yummy Uj..Enjoy your new home, pics are lovely..

Trupti said...

Ice Cream looks very delicious Ujawal..May I have that bowl?

saffronapron.blogspot.com said...

I love strawberry too. But the one's in India absolutely spoil the reputation of this awesome berry. Nice ice cream

Ashwini said...

Good to see you back..Lovely home with very nice view.Ice cream looks yummm.

A_and_N said...

Some effort to do something like this in spite of being busy! Good job :)

Finla said...

Love the ice cream. Yeah i think you need to taste good oones to fall inlove with them.

Divya Kudua said...

Perfect dollops of ice-cream Uj.I went crazy buying strawberries while in Bangalore as they cost only 20 rs a box compared to 70-80 here in Chennai!!I have never tried making ice-creams at home..this one sounds easy enough to try.Saw the pics of your new home..looks great-bhari chanda assa..loved the kitchen too!!

Cham said...

They don't have season here, the whole year straw is available, but now it will juicy and sweet too! Looks good ice cream :)

Deepthi Shankar said...

that looks just perfect .. Hope all's well settled @ Your end

Manju said...

the icecream looks soo very inviting!!

Usha said...

Ice cream looks so very tempting and perfect !